Happy Monday Darlings!
It's Jo here and I am very excited to share my first card as part of the Magengo Design Team! This year, I want to try and make more use out of my stamps sets and stretch my supplies by not limiting them to seasons or events so, I decided to create a Valentines day card using the 'Spooky Bday' halloween stamp set :)
1. Using a heart shape stencil as a guide, stamp and mask two bats, then stamp and mask two tree branches.
2. Taking a pink and a warm grey ink pad, blend the pink over the heart stencil then blend the warm grey over the outline of the heart. I used Distress Oxides 'Kitsch Flamingo' and 'Pumice Stone'.
3. Using alcohol inks markers, colour in the images and use a white Gelly Roll pen to add some further details.
4. Masking the heart by using the stencil cut out, stencil in some more mini hearts using the warm grey ink.
5. Stamp a sentiment centre, underneath the heart. I chose the 'Süßes oder Saures' sentiment, and stamped it with a deep black pigment ink.
6. Die cut a square from warm grey cardstock as the base layer, then die cut your main layer with a smaller square die. I finished off the card by adding some sequins and jewels.
What do you think? Does this halloween stamp set work as a Valentines card? I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and make sure to tag Magengo Designs in your creations so that we can see your lovely work.